[SSJ-Coaches] Positive Coaching Alliance - Seminar This Wednesday

Anh Nguyen anh.dina at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 23 20:55:44 PDT 2007

Hello Coaches,

This is our 2nd Announcement.  Please help us by passing this on to your parents.  Thank you.

We will have a seminar presented by Positive Coaching Alliance and all of you are invited.  Your parents are also welcome to attend.  This event is covered by our league so it is free of charge.

Positive Coaching Alliance - Mission

Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) is a nonprofit organization based at Stanford University with the mission to transform youth sports so sports can transform youth. PCA was created to transform the culture of youth sports to give all young athletes the opportunity for a positive, character-building experience.
We have three national goals:

  1.. To replace the "win-at-all-cost" model of coaching with the "Double-Goal Coach" who wants to win but has a second, more important, goal of using sports to teach life lessons;
  2.. To teach youth sports organization leaders how to create an organizational culture in which Honoring the Game is the norm; and
  3.. To spark and fuel a "social epidemic" of Positive Coaching that will sweep this country.
There are many people in this nation who want to change the culture of youth sports, but they do not feel equipped to do so. Positive Coaching Alliance has developed practical tools to change the culture of youth sports and is making them available to coaches, parents, league organizers and others who will fire this movement.

Seminar Details

Topic:   Coaching the mental game