[SSJ-Coaches] Fw: School Turf Fields...please send to your parents

Kurt Kanavel airkanavel at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 3 12:21:25 PDT 2007

Coaches and Parents

I have sent the e-mail below (scroll down) to David Alioto, Executive Vice President of Earthquakes Soccer, to enlist his support of efforts being made to have turf fields and rubberized tracks built at Herman, Davis, and Bernal Middle Schools. San Jose City money has already been earmarked for fields and parks, and private funding by corporations could be the key to making this work by partnering up. We are trying to avoid a Bond Measure that could take up to 3 years before a City wide vote, with possibly no results to show for it.

I am trying to start a ground swell from our soccer community. Many of you in our league are in secular positions to help push this through, either by knowing some well placed politicians, or work for companies that would be willing to contribute to such worthy cause for our kids and cash strapped schools. In either case, the more support we have, the faster our kids will be playing on surfaces year round that do not need watering, mowing, and overall maintenance that brings us marginal satisfaction year end and year out. If you would like more information after reading my letter to David, on how you can get personally involved with this effort, please don't hesitate to call or e-mail me.

Kurt Kanavel
Field Director
South San Jose Youth Soccer League
408 315-2346