[SSJ-Coaches] Martin Murphy and Stratford...please pass on to your parents

Kurt Kanavel airkanavel at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 5 09:40:47 PDT 2007

Coaches and Parents

As of last night, Paul Nishimatsu has been relieved of all duties as Field Coordinator at Martin Murphy and his temporary post at Stratford.

I take personal responsibility for not making sure that Martin Murphy's Fields, its coaches and parents, were not provided with better care in making sure that their two fields were safe and in playable condition last year as well as this year, and that the FC program designed to have all parents and coaches have a full and equal share in field maintenance, set up and tear down, marking and striping, was carried out. For this I apologize.

With that being said, the Fields Group is scrambling to get your fields squared away in short order and quite frankly, I need everyone's help. I need a coach or parent to step up as Field Coordinator or assistant FC at both fields ASAP. I am offering to anyone who takes on this role this: their Childs registration, there $40.00 volunteer fee, and some other goodies I can't mention, waived for this Fall. This is usually a one year commitment for a coach or parent for Spring and Fall, but this offer will be applied to anyone who can manage a site for this season. Martin Murphy next year will become a Full Service Site, with a new container, mower, power trimmer, hand tools, wheelbarrows, garbage cans, a years supply of paint, two paint machines, new roll out goals with nets attached, a buy-in from the City and the School District into creating and maintaining quality fields for our players and there guest, and all the help you might need from all 14 Field Coordinators from our different sites.

Please let me know as soon as you can. On behalf of the League, the children and guest who play on our fields, the FC Group and myself, thank you in advance for taking on the role of Field Coordinator.

Kurt Kanavel
Field Director
South San Jose Youth Soccer League
408 315-2346