[SSJ-Coaches] Shin guards are Manditory at Games and Practices

Crawdad1961 crawdad1961 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 14 07:40:17 PDT 2008

Coaches,

I have noted teams not wearing shin guards at practices, seems to be a trend with the older
kids more so than the younger ones.

Shin Guards are mandatory for CYSA and SSJYSL.

This is a major safety exposure for our league and our insurance.

I thank you for your attention on this vital safety issue.

Don Crawford
SSJYSL VP

http://www.cysanorth.org/Modified%20LOTG/modified_lotg.htm#The%20Number%20of%20Players

	* Player's Equipment  Jersey or shirt - with number, shorts, socks, footwear,  shinguards are Mandatory.
 A player shall not wear anything which is dangerous to another  player or themselves, including any kind of jewelry.

PIM 88-3 (Rev. 04/03) SHIN  GUARDS
All  player must wear shin guards in any CYSA sanctioned event.

	* Shin guards shall be worn properly in order to provide adequate and  reasonable protection to the shin.
	* Shin guards shall be professionally manufactured, age/size appropriate  and unaltered.