[SSJ-Coaches] Comp team uniform contract

Jeff Semone jeffsemone at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 10 23:39:01 PDT 2009

All,
    I apologize for the delay, but it took me awhile to obtain the level of detail I thought you should have (READ THE ENTIRE EMAIL).  In short the following items are what I think we should vote on. I've included some potential uniform selections (attachment) from the vendors discussed below.  Please email me back on your vote of choice A.Challenger or B. Dayak's Den and if B. then which number 1 through 4(company you would like to go with).  Email me back by Sun Noon please, thanks -

From the 2nd Vendor Challenger:

A. Uniforms of lesser quality, and substantially less cost, quick turnaround times:  Kits in the neighboorhood of $60 (2 shirts/2 shorts/2 socks/numbers/logo/shipping)

B. From 1st Vendor - Dayak's Den:
1. Addidas (Pro - good brand name, quality // Con - slow order times (months), change styles every 2 years, could be difficult to do fill in's at end of uniform life)  Cost (2 Shirt/2 shorts/2 socks/numbers/logo/shipping)  - appx $100-140 (depending on med/high end)

2. Nike (Pro - good brand name, quality // Con - slow order times (months), change styles every 2 years, could be difficult to do fill in's at end of uniform life) (2 Shirt/2 shorts/2 socks/numbers/logo/shipping)

3. Xara (Pro - good quality, only do soccer, maintain styles at least 4 years, easy to work with//Con - less well known) -(2 Shirt/2 shorts/2 socks/numbers/logo/shipping)Cost appx $130

4. Lotto (Pro - good quality, only do soccer, can maintain style forever - custom design, easy to work with//Con - less well known) --(2 Shirt/2 shorts/2 socks/numbers (on shirt & shorts)/logo/shipping)Cost appx $145

Beyond this the recommendations based on Dayak's are to select Lotto, Xara, or Nike in that order.  Lotto and Xara because we'll get treated well, Nike if we prefer a major brand.  Addidas is difficult and slow to work with (I have examples if you would like them).

Kickbacks:
    Addidas less than any of the others - they don't need to do it....
    Nike amount to about a 10% value back to League (probably in shirts/outerwear but only at Nike's choice NOT ours)
    Xara & Lotto, both about 10% as well, but they will work with us to find out what the form is we would like, equpt, clothing, tournament support

Overall:
    Xara is the least expensive of the better uniforms (some good choices)
    Nike (least interesting uniforms)
    Addidas (NO)
    Lotto (can personalize the uniforms for good)

My recommendations:
    Either Xara or Lotto So B3 or B4.

Also, we would be agreeing to a 4 year contract.  So, any NEW teams that just purchased uniforms do not have to purchase new ones Fall '09, but they would by Fall '10 and then in '12.  All others would be purchasing in Fall '09 and again in Fall '11 and at a minimum. Additionally all new teams going forward will buy these uniforms as they join.

cheers,
Jeff