[SSJ-Coaches] TRY OUTS THIS COMING WEEKEND

J P jmqprado at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 8 10:04:37 PST 2010

Competitive Coaches (U9-U14),

Thank you so much to those of you who came to the tryouts last weekend. We look
forward to seeing all of you who had tournaments this upcoming weekend, December
11thand 12th.  We had a great turn out in most of the age groups and I have the
sign-in lists of those who came.

Now, I want to remind you that ALL SSJYSL U9-U14 competitive players (and
therefore teams and their coaches) are required to be present at least one try
out day. This is an opportunity for all of us coaches to see ALL of the players
and talk to parents in case we see a player that may be move up a bracket.
Remember, this is NOT poaching players, as some may think.  That practice is not
allowed by CYSA rules, this is, again a chance for coaches, players and parents
to see if their children are in the right team or bracket.

So, please send an email to all of your parents and ask them to come to the try
outs. It does not matter whether or not they came last weekend.

I know some of you have a tournament this weekend, but those of you who have
not, it is mandatory (U9 to U14) for you and your team to come. If you do not
so, you may not be able to play under SSJYSL.

Also, if you are having try outs for your team on dates different from the
League, and there is a team in your same age group, you have to extend an
invitation to the coach for them to attend as a courtesy.

Please remember, we are a LEAGUE, not an individual team, so we need to act as
one.

Finally, a reminder that try outs are mandatory for all players in SSJYSL
competitive teams.

Rec coaches, please, let know  to your players and/or to the players that you
think are ready or should move to a competitive team about the League's try
outs. Send them the League's web page for info and details www.ssjysl.org.

Best regards
Jorge Prado
SSJYSL Coaches Director. In tlanextia in tonatiúh