[SSJ-Coaches] South San Jose Youth Soccer League - Request for assistance

Eric Simons ricklions at att.net
Sun Jan 23 16:45:30 PST 2011

I just reviewed the number of signatures the league has received for the
league's two petitions that Jeff Semone, our league president, has sent out.

I am very concerned that we are still far from the goal of 1000 for each
petition.

Coaches, it is time for you to step up and get yourself and your parents
involved in helping the league to try and provide better fields for the youth in
the community.  Board members have receive numerous complaints regarding the
conditions of our grass fields from both coaches and parents of home and away
teams.

Numerous board members over the past few years have attempted to work with the
Santa Teresa High School principle, John Duran, to allow our youth program to
utilize the Santa Teresa turf field on Sundays.  His answer, NO!  Reasons,
questionable; noise, vandalism over utilization of the field.  Very poor reasons
to not allow use by the community youth organizations who parents paid, by their
taxes, to have the turf field installed at the school.

Our league is not asking to utilize the ST turf field for free on Sundays.  Our
payment to use the turf field on Saturdays during a school year amounts to over
$5000 for the year.  The use of the turf on Sundays would be a additional $5000,
if not more, to the school district.  I think all of us are well aware of the
financial budget problems they are having.  Would a additional $5000 help?

The petition for the Oak Grove School District is to help show support for the
efforts of our league try to work with them to improve the conditions of the
grass fields under their control.

Our league has over 1000 soccer players!  If only one parent signed up for each
player we would have the goal 1000 signature for each petition.

Those of you that have signed up thank you!

Those that have not, or coaches that have not forwarded this e-mail to their
team parents it is time to do so!!!

Eric (Rick) Simons
Fields Director, SSJYSL
ricklions at att.net