[SSJ-Coaches] Update - Practice & Game Day Fields

Eric Simons ricklions at att.net
Wed Mar 23 12:42:00 PDT 2011

All fields will remain closed to practices.

Weather forcast is for more rain!  If the weather improves I will send out
another e-mail around 3:00 Thursday with a update.

Games on the grass fields have a very high chance of being canceled this
weekend.  Turf field games will go with the center referee making the call at
the field.
Eric (Rick) Simons
ricklions at att.net
(408) 227-4163
Soccer Line

________________________________

I will inform you when they will be available to resume practice.

Any team found practicing at any park or school practice field, during this
time, will have their practice days revoked at the field that they are assigned
to.  The rain may stop but the field still could be not playable.  Again do not
practice until you receive the go!

GAME DAY - weekends I will send out a e-mail to all coaches by 7:10 AM if the
weather has caused the games fields to not be playable.  Also I will have a
message on my soccer line Saturday or Sunday morning after 7:10 AM.  Do not call
before as I maybe out at the fields seeing if they are playable.

If in doubt, about the weather, during the week call the soccer line at any
time.

Competitive teams, do not cancel on your own home games, because you could be
responsible to pay the referees if the game is not canceled by the league.
Games on turf fields will not be canceled by me.  Turf fields should be playable
in almost all weather conditions.  The center referee will be the individual to
cancel any games he feels is dangerous to the players on turf fields.

Please take a moment to go into the web site and insure that your team has been
assigned to the field that you are practicing on.  I have been informed by some
fields coordinators that they are seeing teams at some school that have not been
assigned to their field.

Also, some of you have send me e-mails requesting assignments to fields and have
not received any feedback from me.  I have informed Claudio that I have not been
receiving e-mail that are being sent by coaches that have used the school site
web page field coordinators e-mail to contact me.  Where these e-mail end up I
do not know.  But those coaches that have not received a response from me use my
e-mail address noted below, not the school's web address.

During the spring/summer baseball has priority at numerous fields.  We are
allowed to use them as long baseball is not using them or if space is available
for both sports.   If baseball is there, your team will need to move if space is
not available.

Should your field have goals make sure to re-lock the lock when you remove the
goals.  Numerous locks have gone missing when a coach goes over to return and
the lock the goals only to find the chain and locks gone.  Lock the lock and
chain to the fence or to the goal.  Do not leave the lock and chain laying on
the ground.

I am looking for someone to become fields coordinator for Gunderson High
School.  If you are interested please let me know and I will discuss the
responsibility that go along with the position.  Make sure you leave me a
telephone number that I can reach you during the day or evening.

TURF FIELDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE DURING THE WEEK OR SUNDAYS.

Please director any field questions to me at ricklions at att.net

Eric (Rick) Simons
Fields Director
ricklions at att.net