[SSJ-Coaches] Opening Day Booth Info

tw_squared at sbcglobal.net tw_squared at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 7 20:06:57 PDT 2011

Hi All,

Opening Day is almost here!  Here are some guidelines to help things go smoothly:

Set up time begins at 8am, NO EARLIER!  Do not enter the school grounds to start setting up prior to 8am.  (The access gate to the blacktop is located on Calero.)
Cars will be allowed on the black top for loading and unloading only.  Please remove your car immediately after loading or unloading.  No cars may be left on the black top for any reason.  Please use extreme caution if you are driving on the blacktop area.
Due to electrical issues that were experienced last year, teams will be responsible for obtaining power via generators or other portable sources. We will NOT allow teams to access power from the school.
Teams will be assigned spaces with an area designated for power sources.  If you set up in an area that has not been assigned to you, you will be asked to move or close your booth.  I will attempt to have a space plan published by Saturday, otherwise you will learn of your assignment when you arrive.
Teams hosting booths must provide their own power source (if needed), tables, easy ups, chairs, garbage bags, and other needed supplies.
Teams must provide a garbage receptacle near their booth and are required to remove their own garbage and clean their area during and after the event.
Items being sold or raffled and activities or games must be approved prior to Opening Day. Teams that make changes to their offerings without prior approval will be asked to close their booth.
Booths should be set up and ready for customers by 10am.
Teams must collect payment for their goods sold or activities offered.  Tickets sold by the league are for the jumpers and should not be collected as payment at the team booths.
If you would like the DJ to make an announcement to publicize your booth, please complete and return an announcement request form.  I will have the forms available during set up.
Clean up will begin at 2pm.  No cars will be permitted on the blacktop until after 2pm and the area is cleared of visitors.  We must be off the site by 3:30pm as the Custodian will be locking up the gates at that time.  Please make sure that your vehicle is off the blacktop before then.
Please make sure that your volunteers are aware that working in a team sponsored booth does not qualify as volunteer hours for the volunteer fee reimbursement.  Volunteer forms will only be signed once the appropriate  volunteer work has been verified by a board member.  Do not ask me to sign a stack of volunteer forms for your parents.  I will sign each form individually once I have verified that the volunteer actually volunteered for the league.
Any teams that:

set up prior to 8am
set up in an area not assigned to their team
sell or offer activities other than what they have had approved
are disrespectful of other teams

will be asked to comply immediately or close their booth.

Looking forward to working together to make this a great event!

Tracy Williams
SSJYSL
Communications, Activities and Promotions Director

Team
Contact
Booth Items

BU12 FC Dragons
Jorge Prado
Pizza, Mexican Fruit Cocktail, Drinks

GU11 Shockwave
Jeff Semone
Hot Dogs & Chips, Rootbeer Floats, Drinks

GU17 Hurricanes
Anh Nguyen
Nachos, Drinks

GU12 Fusion
Christine Fedrow
Sno Cones

GU10 Thundercats
Ann Sieber
Sausage & Pepper Sandwich, Homemade Jam, Local Honey

BU14 Indios
Francisco Lopez
Tacos

BU10 Force
Marc McIsaac/Bonnie Murphy-Smith
Donuts, Popsicles, Face Painting

BU11 Arsenal Red
Martin Thurmann
BBQ Shrimp Skewers, Drinks

GU10 Jaguars
Jessica Lopez
Hamburgers & Chips, Drinks, Ice Cream Cones

BU11 Moctezuma
Miguel Lopez
Baked Goods, Corn on the Cob, Drinks

BU11 Arsenal Blue