[SSJ-Coaches] Fields - Game & Practice

Eric Simons ricklions at att.net
Fri Sep 9 20:33:27 PDT 2011

Tomorrow is the start of the fall league.

If you have the first home game tomorrow on a SSJYSL field your team will be
responsible to set up the field.  Last game of the day will take down the field.

The field coordinators will be responsible to make sure the goals are unlocked,
corner flags and garbage cans available for your teams to set out.  If you have
the last game of the day you will be responsible to return the goals to the
proper storage area, the corner flags and empty garbage cans  to the SSJYSL
cargo container.  The fields coordinator will insure the goals area secure and
the corner flags and garbage can are placed in the storage container.

SSJYSL storage containers are at Stratford, Bernal, Herman and Gunderson.  If
you are not sure where these storage containers are check with the field
coordinate at that site.

Both Santa Teresa and Gunderson High Schools have on site garbage cans that do
not need to be emptied by our league.  At Herman, Bernal and Stratford the
plastic garbage cans need to be emptied before they are returned.

Santa Teresa goals and corner flags are stored in the enclosed fenced area that
will be open by Bruce or the school's janitor on game days.  Goals and corner
flags are to be returned to this area at the end of the game day.

The goals at Gunderson turf field stay on the turf fields.  The grass field
goals will need to be returned to the fence area where they are stored.

The following are the Fields Coordinators for the weedend game fields.

Bernal - Rick Simons - ricklions at att.net
Herman - Ann Sieber - alsieber at sbcglobal.net
Oak Ridge - Jeff Semone - jeff.semone at stryker.com
Santa Teresa - Bruce Yost - bruce_yost at yahoo.com
Stratford - Mark Dorsi - mcdorsi at gmail.com
Gunderson - Rick Simons - ricklions at att.net

Check the web site for telephone numbers of the above field coordinators.  You
should also check the SSJYSL web site before your home games to insure that
there have been no cancellations of games on the fields that your home games are
scheduled on.  Main page go to game schedule and the day your home game is
scheduled.  There will see all of the teams assigned to the site for games that
day.

When we get into wet conditions all games scheduled at Santa Teresa and
Gunderson High School turf field will play.  The center referee will determine
if the game need to be canceled because of the weather on turf fields.  Grass
fields, I will notify all coaches by 7:00 AM on the Saturday or Sunday if games
are to be canceled.  So check your e-mails  or call my soccer line at 227-4163
after 7:00 AM that morning.

Practices = NO TEAMS ARE ALLOWED TO PRACTICE DURING THE WEEK ON THE TURF FIELDS
AT SANTA TERESA OR GUNDERSON HIGH SCHOOL.  IF YOU HAVE BEEN USING EITHER OF
THESE FIELDS STOP IMMEDIATELY FROM USING THEM.  IF YOUR TEAMS IS FOUND TO BE ON
EITHER OF THE TURF FIELDS DURING THE WEEK YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO HAVE YOUR TEAM
REMOVED FORM THEIR NORMAL PRACTICE FIELDS AND THE COACH WILL HAVE TO ATTEND A
BOARD MEETING FOR ADDITIONAL ACTIONS.  USE OF EITHER TURF FIELD DURING THE WEEK
CAN CAUSE OUR SSJYSL LEAGUE TO LOSE THE USE OF THE TURF FIELDS FOR OUR SATURDAY
GAMES.  Again do not use the turf fields for your practices.  We only have a
permit for each site on Saturdays for our league games.

If you have any questions regarding the game fields first check with the
appropriate field coordinator before you contact me.

Eric (Rick) Simons
Fields Director
ricklions at att.net
(408) 227-4163