[SSJ-Coaches] Referee classes

David Serrano ddddx4 at att.net
Sun Mar 4 15:38:59 PST 2012

answers in red
Thanks for sharing your concerns.

Thanks Ref Dir
David Serrano

________________________________
From: RJ Castro <rj.castro.7 at gmail.com>
To: David Serrano <ddddx4 at att.net>
Cc: ssj-coaches at ssjysl.org; ssjreferees at sbcglobal.net
Sent: Sun, March 4, 2012 11:53:08 AM
Subject: Re: [SSJ-Coaches] Referee classes

The notes from the meeting when this was decided mentions Fall 2012.  Has this
changed?   No nothing has changed. Classes run March and the month of August
normally. You should think about your class time schedule. You should start
planning.

Also, is this common practice to bring something up at a Board meeting, have a
vote and than it's a rule.  Sometimes   Shouldn't this be open to a coaches
meeting and discussion versus a meeting where only 10 - 11 people attend a board
meeting and make a decision?  Any issues concerning the league get voted on by
the board. Coaches, parents or concerned parties are more than welcome to bring
their opinions to the board meetings.  Communicate with your Comp
Dir.   Normally there is an agenda item for discussion so there is enough people
to assist in making the decision. Not a select few.If there was, I never
received an email as a coach that a decision is going to be made about this and
you should attend.

Do coaches make decisions about referee requirements or suggestions?  Yes, but
only U8 and the upper recreation levels in house rules.  Requesting for ref's.
 Just curious because it doesn't seem transparent in decision making. The laws
are handed down from the CCSL league, along with the FIFA laws of the game. I
have refresher class to inform referee's. I have asked coaches to show at my
meetings, not one has shown up. I ask for feedback and I do receive a few of
those.

South San Jose Youth Soccer League
Minutes October 17, 2011 7:00 pm

Referee Director: No new refs (would like to see old comp coaches); we’ve lost
some old ones and there is no new ones. Question from Jorge: Can we make it
mandatory that if you coach with basic license that you also get a ref license?
CYSA rule says that to get your D License, you have to get your ref license as
well. More discussions followed and Jorge makes a motion that every comp head
coach, regardless of coaching license, needs to have a ref license within a year
of coaching, starting with Fall of 2012 season. Motion 2nd by Claudio; voted:
Yea= 7 No= 1 abstain=3; motion passes.Yours In Soccer,

RJ Castro
Coach
SSJ Xtreme 95 U17
www.ssjysl.com/Xtreme