[SSJ-Coaches] Fw: Randol issues - Parking, late practices and clean up

Eric Simons ricklions at att.net
Tue Sep 24 15:56:09 PDT 2013

Sue, I am not aware of any "bouncy equipment" set up on the basketball court by anyone associated with SSJYSL.  Our league has not coordinated with
any outside vendors to use Randol for any activities.  Could you provide more information on the day and time this occurred?
Heath, do you know anything about this?

I will send this return e-mail to you to all of coaches regarding the street parking andthe using of the school's parking lot.

The heated argument that you mentioned.  Was this with a neighbor with a  parent or coach, coach on coach, coach with referee?  Please clarify.

Which day was the late practice being held?  I check each SSJYSL teams
practice schedule and only one team has a practice that is to end at
7:30 PM and they are there on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  If necessary I will have all of our teams that practice there end their practices at 7:00 PM should this continue.  I have sent out a
e-mail to all coaches to be off the site at dusk per the permit.  They
were also told not to stay around the area when practice was over.

The below e-mail was sent Sept. 7th all SSJYSL coaches.  I will send this again as a reminder along with your e-mail.

Sent Sept. 7th -

I have received complaints from the San Jose Unified School District regarding the soccer activities that take place at Randol School.

Coaches your teams should have your practices completed by sunset and everyone
should leave the area shortly thereafter.  Neighbors are complaining
that adults stay well beyond sunset and talk in the street area and
allow numerous children to be unsupervised and controlled around the school and immediate area.

Our permit expires at dusk at the Randol School and everyone associated with our soccer program should leave the school and immediate area.

We start games today at Randol and other league game fields.

NO NOISE MAKERS ARE ALLOW TO BE USED AT ANY OF OUR FIELDS by our teams or any visiting teams.

Please insure that you pickup after your team and inform your parents
to pickup after themselves and not to dispose of any items on the
streets.

Coaches although some of you do not have games or
practices at Randol you must remember that at every practice and game field location we need to insure that we respect the surrounding neighbors
and the facilities we are using.  I do not want to lose any permits that we have at any of the facilities we are now using.  Your cooperation and that
of your team parents would be appreciated.

Eric (Rick) Simons
SSJYSL Fields Director
ricklions at att.net
(408) 227-4163