[SSJ-Coaches] Fields - Rain on game days, and upcoming wet conditions

Eric Simons ricklions at att.net
Mon Mar 24 13:34:22 PDT 2014

All games scheduled on turf fields will be played.  I as the fields director will NOT cancel any of the games that have
been scheduled for Gunderson, Santa Teresa and Valley Christian High
School on there turf fields.  The
center referee will make the determination if the game is to be cancel
because of the wet conditions of the field or to remove the teams from
the turf field for a period of time should there be lighting.
There will be a running clock on any removal from the field for
lighting.  If the delay is more than twenty minutes the game should be
terminated and let the CCSL make the determination as to the outcome of
the game.  The game will not be considered a forfeit.

On all grass fields I will make a determination before 8:00 AM if the
games are to be canceled.  If the first game is canceled on any field
all games scheduled there will be canceled and rescheduled at a later
date.  Some grass field may remain open and others maybe closed.  Depends on the rain  and the condition of the field.  If conditions change during the day and I make a decision to close the field I will inform the referee scheduler and leave a message on my soccer line (408-227-4163) and SSJYSL web page.  These games will be rescheduled.

With rain scheduled for tomorrow there is a good possibility that all fields will be closed for practices.  You may want to inform your parents today that there is a possibility that Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays practices will be canceled.

I will send our a e-mail, leave a message on my soccer line and post it to the web page.

Eric (Rick) Simons
ricklions at att.net
(408) 227-4163
Soccer Line