[SSJ-Coaches] Fwd: CCSL Spring League - Match Day Instructions
disneysoccermom at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 13:39:21 PDT 2014
This might be duplicated but I want to make sure you all see this.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sandra Todd-CCSL <support9 at gotsport.com>
Date: Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 1:16 PM
Subject: CCSL Spring League - Match Day Instructions
To: Rosemary Alvarez <registrar at ssjysl.org>
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Dear Coaches and Managers, I have cc'd your Club Administrators
CCSL Game Day Instructions for Teams. Please review and save for future
By now you should have
1) Updated your Roster on your GotSoccer team account, ensuring it
exactly matches your official CalNorth roster. We can, and do, review
2) Opened a match card to see if any unserved player suspensions have
carried over from Fall.
3) Reviewed the playing rules, and the spring variations (and the 8v8
rules if appropriate) for the playing league. CCSL
HOME TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Post game time/location on CCSL-Coast Section/Bay Region Spring
2104 <http://events.gotsport.com/events/default.aspx?EventID=37787> as far
in advance as possible, a minimum of one week prior to the scheduled date
of the match.
2. Confirm game time/location with your opponent (5 days in advance).
3. Confirm 3 officials for the match (simply confirm club processes
4. Print three copies of the Game Card. Print Game Card on the day
of the game, or as close to the game as possible, to ensure any roster
changes or player suspensions are recorded
5. After the game, verify for correctness, and sign three copies of
the match card after the game. Retain a signed copy of the completed match
card after the game.
6. Enter the correct score and any send offs into GotSoccer with 24
hours of match completion.
AWAY (VISITING) TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Confirm game time/location on CCSL-Coast Section/Bay Region Spring
2. Confirm game time/location with your opponent.< /p>
3. After the game, verify for correctness, and sign three copies of
the match card after the game. Retain a signed copy of the completed match
card after the game.
4. Confirm match score and send offs are entered correctly by the
home team . Away team may enter score if home team has not done so within
24 hours of the completion of the match.
5. It is recommended the away team bring one current copy of the game
card in case of discrepancies.
1. All teams shall comply with CCSL Rules:
2. All teams shall bring the following to each CCSL match:
a) Current Cal North laminated player and team official passes.
b) Original signed Cal North Membership Form (Form 1601) for each
player or a fully completed player pass with signed medical release on
c) The official Cal North team roster (Goldenrod) or Secondary Roster.
d) Player pass and signed Medical Release (1601 or player pass) for any
3. Player passes and coach passes for all persons in the technical area shall
be provided to the referee before the start of the game.
4. In case of Game Card discrepancies, note the date printed on the
upper right hand corner and use the most current Game Card information.
PRINTING GAME CARDS FOR YOUR GAME
Game Cards should be printed on the day of the game in case of last minute
roster changes or player suspensions incurred the previous day.
The home team must provide the Center Referee with three copies of the
match card. Away team should also print a copy in case of last minute
roster changes. Use regular 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper, you do not need special
card stock. All necessary information will be automatically extracted from
the two teams' Gotsoccer accounts.
1. Login to your GotSoccer Team Account at www.gotsoccer.com
2. Click on the CCSL Event in your Event Registration History. Then
click on the "Schedule" tab. Your team's matches will be displayed.
3. Click on the small Acrobat PDF Game Card icon, or the match number at
the beginning of each match line to view and print the Game Card for that
4. The Game Card should print with the rosters for both teams. Contact
your CCSL Director if the roster is not listed on the match card (for
follow up with offending team) and give the 'blank' team sufficient time
before the match to complete the roster, including Player 's full name,
jersey number and Cal North ID
5. Guest players must be clearly identified to the opposing team and the
match officials by handwriting them on the match card; including the guest
player's jersey number, Cal North ID number and full legal name. Guest
Players may also be added using the "Add a Guest Player" function of
a) "Add a Guest Player" function of GotSoccer does not guarantee that
that added player is eligible to guest, not does it automatically access
all eligible guest players. It will only look at the pool in your club for
example, not your Registration League.
b) Guest players added with "Add a Guest Player" function of GotSoccer
will have their ID# highlighted in Green and a (G) for guest added.
6. Guest players are NEVER added to the team's roster in the GotSoccer
account. Only players on the Team Golden Rod may be listed on the Roster.
7. Both teams should bring the match card to ensure the rosters are
accurate. Home (3 copies ) Away (1 copy) is advised.
8. The HOME team should check with the visiting team on arrival to see if
they need to add guest player information to the match card and is
responsible for handing the three updated Game Cards to the Center Referee.
9. Players who are lined out on the Game Card are suspended and not
eligible to play in the game.
10. At the completion of the game, the HOME and AWAY team officials, and
the Center Referee sign the Game Cards. Each team is responsible for
ensuring they have a properly signed game card referencing the correct
score, guest players and send offs at the end of the game.
11. Both Teams are responsible for keeping a copy of the game card until a
week after the season ends in case of discrepancy.
In order to enter a score you will need:
1. The event ID number.
2. The event PIN.
3. The game Number.
This information is all printed on the Game Card. You do not need to log
into your team account to report a score.
There are three ways to enter a score in the GotSoccer system:
1. Using a smart phone or computer - (This is the fastest way). Go to
www.gotsport.com/m and look for the SCORING link.
2. Scanning the QR Code at the top right of the game card.
3. Calling in on a phone - Call the "Phone-In Scores" number listed
on the match card.
If a player or coach is sent off in a match that MUST be reported by the
team when entering the score.
CCSL Spring League is a developmental season. Runaway or blowout scores are
outside the spirit of the game and are discouraged by CCSL. Teams will have
one (1) point deducted from their standings for a goal differential greater
that seven (7).
Detailed instructions may be found on the Send-Off
link listed under CCSL at the CalNorth <http://calnorth.org>website. If
a player or staff is sent off in a match both teams should report the send
off when reporting the match score to ensure the send off and subsequent
suspension is review in a timely manner.
CAL NORTH GUEST PLAYER POLICY:
Guest players may be used per the CalNorth Guest Player Policy (PIM 21-2
with the exceptions stated below. PIM12-2 includes these provisions:
1. The Guest Player must be rostered on a team within the same
registration league as the team on which the player will be guesting. That
means the first FOUR digits of the Team ID on the passes must match.
2. The soccer age of the guest player must be the same soccer age or
younger than the age group of the team on which the player will be
3. The credentials for the guest player must be from the same season as
those being used by the team on which the player will be guesting.
4. The coach of the borrowing team must have in his/her possession the
player's approved member pass and the current CalNorth Membership Form
(Form 1601) for the guest player with the medical release and the hold
harmless section signed in original ink by the parent or guardian or by the
guest player if the players has reached eighteen (18) years of age.
CCSL SPECIFIC GUEST RULES - SPRING
1. The maximum number of guest players allowed is seven (7) per match for
U11 and older teams.
2. The maximum number of guest players allowed is five (5) per match for
U10 and younger teams.
3. A player may be on a Match Report (including guest play) for a maximum
of two matches per day.
4. Players may guest play on any team in any Division at their soccer age
or older in spring only.
Teams are reminded that Spring League is developmental, and standings do
not factor into Fall placement. Spring guest player rules are liberal to
allow for development, and to allow a team to field a full roster. Abuse of
liberal guest player rules through 'stacking' of teams in the interest of
winning may cause future spring rules to be modified.
If you are not sure if a player is eligible to guest, please contact the
League Director at CoastDirector at CalNorth.org for verification.
CONTACT INFORMATION / COMMUNICATING WITH YOUR OPPONENT
1. Select the link to your event in the CCSL section at
open your schedule.
2. Click the link to "Team Contact Info" in the upper right corner of
1. Log in to your team account.
2. Select your CCSL Event in the Event Registration History on your
3. Click the schedule tab near the top of the page.
4. Find the correct game and click the CHAT button at the right of
5. You will be able to see contact information for your opponent, and
can type a message in the team Dialog box. Pressing the send button will
contact your opponent. Click on Notify button to ensure an email is also
Maximum Match Day Roster (including guests)
U8-U11, 14 Players
U12-U19, 18 Players
GAME LENGTH AND BALL SIZE
Age Group Match Length Ball Size
U8-10 2-25 minute halves 4
U11-U12 2-30 minute halves 4
U13-U14 2-35 minute halves 5
U15-U16 2-40 minute halves 5
U17-U19 2-45 minute halves 5
This, and all other team instructions, can also be viewed online at
(Note that it may take 24 hours for all updates to be listed)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SSJ-Coaches