[SSJ-Info] Measure S

Bruce Yost bruce_yost at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 09:45:37 PDT 2008

SSJYSL Parents and Coaches,

South San Jose Youth Soccer League relies heavily on our local schools and school districts for fields for team training, league games, and tournaments.  As we are also co-located primarily within the Oak Grove School District (OGSD) boundaries, many of our children probably have, do now, or will attend school within the District.

I am writing to make sure you are aware of an upcoming bond measure on November's ballot that will benefit OGSD in the form of facilities improvement.  According to Smart Voter.org <http://www.smartvoter.org/2008/11/04/ca/scl/meas/>, Measure S is intended:

 "To provide a safe, secure, and improved learning environment for all elementary and intermediate students, improve fire safety and security systems, rehabilitate electrical, heating, ventilation, roofing and plumbing systems, construct gyms, increase energy efficiency and add solar power, make schools accessible, and upgrade technology systems and equipment, shall the Oak Grove School District issue $125 million in bonds at interest rates within the statutory limit, with a citizens' oversight committee to review expenditures and progress?"
BONDS YES
BONDS NO

You can also find more information about OGSD at <http://www.ogsd.k12.ca.us/>.  Please don't forget to vote next week and make your voice heard.

Yours in Soccer,