[SSJ-Volunteers] FW: [SSJ-Board] South San Jose Youth Soccer League Meeting on 13 Dec 2010

Semone, Jeff jeff.semone at stryker.com
Fri Dec 3 19:38:53 PST 2010

Dear South San Jose YSL Soccer Community,

I hope this email finds you well as we begin the winter holidays!

I'm writing to you as the new President of the SSJ Youth Soccer League for the upcoming 2011 year.  I've been coaching in the league for the last 4 years (rec and comp), refereeing games for the last 3 seasons, and the Equipment Director for the last 2 years on the board.

I'm writing to you to ask for your assistance in a few critical areas.

1.  On Saturday 11 December at 11 am, I'm looking for volunteers who drive pickup trucks to come help clean up and dispose of items in our Equipment locker.  You may get your $40 volunteer fee back by helping with this exercise. The location is the facility on the north side of Capitol Ave west of Snell.  It will involve taking probably 3 or 4 loads of garbage to the Guadalupe Mines dump to dispose of it.  The league will cover the costs of the dumping, but I need physical help and the transportation to reduce our storage requirements, make space usable, and save the league some money.  The hours will count toward the requirement to recoup the volunteer fee you paid when your child enrolled in the league last fall.  Also,

2.  After completing our Annual General Meeting on Monday night, 22 November, we still had some open positions on the board.  They are the Recreational Soccer Director (teams U10 and up), Fields Director, and Equipment Director (my previous role).  We would love to have the opportunity to have some new people work on the board to improve conditions for our kids and you won't be alone!  Our former holders of those positions and current board members stand ready to help make you and the rest of us successful in your endeavors should you decide to help!  Toward that end on 13 December, we will have a meeting at the Los Paseos Club House beginning at 7pm.  We look forward to seeing you there if you are interested in helping out and being an active member of our board.

3. We have activated two petitions - websites are below.  We would appreciate you not only signing them but also passing them on to others in your neighborhood that are willing to support us as we work to get permission to use Santa Teresa H.S. turf on Sunday's and to improve the conditions of the fields at all the other schools we use.  PLEASE HELP US  - OUR GOAL IS OVER 1000 SIGNATURES - WE NEED YOU!!!!!

1.  http://www.petitiononline.com/STturf/petition.html
2. http://www.petitiononline.com/SSJOak/petition.html

4. Finally, don't forget to attend our upcoming tryouts for our competitive teams on Dec 4th , 5th , 11th , 12th  and again January 15th.  We look forward to seeing you out there!!!

Happy Holidays and all the best from our teams to yours!

Jeff Semone
President, SSJYSL
www.ssjysl.org<http://www.ssjysl.org>