[SSJ-Volunteers] South San Jose Youth Soccer League - Request for assistance

Semone, Jeff jeff.semone at stryker.com
Tue Jan 18 06:11:42 PST 2011

Dear South San Jose YSL Soccer Community,

First, Happy New Year to you!  I hope the holidays brought you some fun and a chance to get together with your friends and family to enjoy the season.

Second, I'm writing again to ask your help in taking a few minutes to go the websites below and signing 2 petitions to help the League create a better playing environment for our kids.  The petitions are for:

1) gaining assistance from the school district to either improve the condition of the fields AND/OR allow us to do it.  Right now, unlike many other leagues, we are being PREVENTED FROM IMPROVING THE CONDITIONS OF THE FIELDS.  We have offered time from volunteers and money from the league and up until now been refused in each way, in addressing these vital assets.

2) asking for your support in gaining permission to use Santa Teresa HS's turf field on Sundays -provided it's not need by a school team or function.  This would allow us to rest our grass fields (already in poor condition as stated above) and use space which is already owned by the community.  In addition, because we pay for the time, it would increase funds going to the school.

PLEASE HELP US BY GOING TO THE WEBSITES BELOW AND HAVING EACH PERSON OVER 18 IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD SIGN BOTH PETITIONS AND FORWARD TO YOUR NEIGHBORS, FRIENDS AND FAMILY IN THE AREA. Our goal is 1000 signatures to help make the experience we provide for our kids the best we can!

The websites are:

1.  http://www.petitiononline.com/STturf/petition.html
2. http://www.petitiononline.com/SSJOak/petition.html

Finally, we had a series of successful tryouts over the last two months and lots of participation and interest from our Recreational Players.  It was good to see them out there having fun and learning a little bit more about the game as they consider moving to a higher level of play.  For all of you who had children tryout, I wish them the best of luck in making the team as we get ready to move into the Spring Season!

Should you have any further questions you may  go to our website www.ssjysl.org<http://www.ssjysl.org> or contact me at president at ssjysl.org<mailto:president at ssjysl.org>

Sincerely,
Jeff Semone
President SSJYSL