SSJYSL’s 2021 Academy program
SSJ Academy is for players with a birth year between 2014 and 2006 (U7 - U15). Our players are evaluated and selected for South San Jose Academy teams primarily throughout the season and at open tryouts where our professional coaching staff will assess players on the following criteria:
- Mental strength (player focus, attitude and effort demonstrated)
- Physical ability (speed, athleticism, agility and endurance)
- Technical competence (ball skills)
- Tactical awareness (offense and defensive skills in game situations)
Player Development – Academy Teams
SSJ Academy is pleased to offer a comprehensive developmental and training environment for our players. Academy practices will occur at Patty O’Malley field on Tuesday and/or Thursday evenings and on other community fields as they become available.
Wherever practicable, team rosters will align with a single birth year (i.e. 2010s, 2011s).
Program Fees for Academy Teams
SSJYSL is committed to providing programs and opportunities for all families within its community. We strive to continue to be the organization that provides its families with the best value.
The Academy program fees for Summer 2021 are $325 per player and are inclusive of:
- Team training during the Summer
- Professional coaching fees associated with team training and all league games
- League registration fees (CYSA or NorCal Premier) and all Summer league games
- All league game field usage, field maintenance and field equipment fees (Note: there may be additional cost incurred for practices held on turf fields)
- Referee fees, for all league home games
- General costs of operating the league
Should the public health conditions dictate a prolonged stoppage of activity, appropriate credits for the next season will be provided.
If financial assistance is needed, an application will be available under the Resources tab, or you can contact Kim Pifer at email@example.com.
SSJ Academy Leadership Team
Academy Director - Mark Landefeld firstname.lastname@example.org
League President - Hayden Dunn email@example.com
League Registrar - Kim Pifer firstname.lastname@example.org
Competitive Director - Rich Sieber email@example.com