SSJYSL's 2022 Recreational program
Recreational soccer provides a safe and fun environment for players of all ages to enjoy the beautiful game. Recreational soccer is non-exclusionary; all players who register are accepted and assigned to a team regardless of prior experience or skill level.
Practices are held twice a week and run between 1-1½ hour per day. Practice field and time is left up to each individual coach. Teams will have one game each week on Saturdays and will play in an 8-10 week season. Older age groups might have games in house or against local travel teams. You may request to play with a friend if they are in the same age group/gender. NO REQUESTS ARE GUARANTEED.
Our rec teams are coached by volunteers - usually parents - who participate in a coaching clinic sponsored by the league prior to the season.
Age Groups - Player age group is based on the following age chart:
- U8 (U7 & U8) - 01/01/2014 - 12/31/2015
- U10 (U9 & U10) - 01/01/2012 - 12/31/2013
- U12 (U11 & U12) - 01/01/2010 - 12/31/2011
- U14 (U13 & U14)- 01/01/2008 - 12/31/2009
Spring 2022 Program Dates
March 14th - June 4th
Teams will be formed and finalized by February 28th and Coaches will start contacting families by February 29th to communicate practice times/locations. Practices will begin the week of March 14th, with the first games played on Saturday, March 19th. The last day for Recreational games will be June 4th.
- December 20th - January 3rd -Early Bird Registration $200 (returning players that will NOT need a new uniform will be $175)
- January 4th - February 1st - Standard Registration $225.00 (returning players that will NOT need a new uniform will be $200)
- February 2nd - February 15th- Late Registration $275.00 (this includes a late processing fee of $50) **Please note that late registrants will be accepted and placed on a "wait list". Families will be notified no later than February 28th if placed on a team.**
Fee includes: uniform (for new players) and end of season award.
For questions regarding registration, please contact our Registrar, Kim Pifer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Coaches Needed
Volunteer coaches are needed. Our Recreational program success relies on our volunteer coaches. If you would like to consider coaching, please use the following link to register as a coach for your child’s team. All Coaches and Assistant Coaches are required to be fingerprinted prior to the beginning of the season. Please contact our Recreational Director (Troy Simons) for more details at email@example.com.